Immigration to Rio de Janeiro – Get Help from Our Lawyers in Brazil
Immigration Lawyers in Rio de JaneiroUpdated on Tuesday 26th April 2022
Rate this article
based on 1 reviews
based on 1 reviews
You must have a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of arrival to enter Rio de Janeiro. You also need to apply for a visa at one of the Brazilian embassies or consulates in your current country of residence. For immigration to Rio de Janeiro, you can get in touch with our lawyers. Our seasoned immigration lawyers in Rio de Janeiro can provide detailed legal assistance about relocation from one country to another. Their detailed legal assistance can help you in your plan of relocation to Rio de Janeiro, and it can also help you to avoid any unnecessary delays by making mistakes during visa proceedings.
In addition to immigration to Rio de Janeiro, you are also welcomed to get in touch with knowledgeable lawyers located at our law firm in Brazil if you are interested in establishing a business in this country. The legal assistance of our lawyers can help you interact with the business market of Brazil, and this interaction can assist you to open a business in this country without much hassle.
Brazil visa-exempt requirements
Beginning June 17th, 2019, the Brazilian government has adopted a visa-free system. Travelers can enter Brazil for up to 90 days, with the option to extend their stay for another 90 days. Please remember that even if you are just staying for 90 days, you must:
- At the time of application have a passport valid for at least six months and one blank visa page;
- Keep proof of sufficient finances;
- Keep a copy of your round flight tickets;
- Confirm with your respective airline that you will be able to board without a visa, as these restrictions may change.
If you have a plan of immigration to Rio de Janeiro without a visa, you can get in touch with our lawyers. Our seasoned immigration lawyers in Rio de Janeiro can guide you if you are eligible for visa-free relocation or not. This interaction will save your time and energy and you can move to Rio de Janeiro without wasting much time.
Rules for tourists in Rio de Janeiro
Before executing your plan of immigration to Rio de Janeiro, you must know these requirements, because these should be strictly followed:
- The first entrance into Brazil must be made within 90 days of receiving the visa;
- A foreign citizen may stay in Brazil for up to 90 days, and his/her stay may be extended for another 90 days once he/she has entered the country, for a total of six months;
- The application for a visa extension must be submitted at least two weeks before the visa expires;
- Tourist work, whether paid or unpaid, is completely illegal in Brazil;
- The Brazilian Immigration officials issue all visitors with an Embarkation/Disembarkation card, which must be filled out, signed and presented to authorities upon arrival and departure.
If you are planning to move to Rio de Janeiro, you must comply with the information provided above. Furthermore, you can also rely on our skilled Brazilian lawyers if you want to apply for citizenship in this country.
Rio de Janeiro visa application procedure
You must apply for a visa to Brazil well ahead of your immigration to Rio de Janeiro. Most embassies or consulates strive to respond to your application within 5 days. However, certain applications may take longer occasionally up to 30 days depending on your nationality. Expedited applications are not permitted, you must factor in the processing time of the embassy or consulate with whom you are dealing. When you have decided which embassy or consulate to apply to, the next step is to follow these instructions for applying for a Brazil visa:
- The first step is to make an appointment with the embassy or consulate in your area. Because Brazilian embassies and consulates do not accept walk-in applications, you must arrange an appointment to visit them in person. Our lawyers in Brazil can help you make an appointment;
- The following step is to fill out your application form;
- You must collect all required documentation for the visa you are applying for. If you do not, you may have to reschedule your appointment or have your application denied;
- You must also present original papers as well as photocopies of all paperwork;
- You will also need to pay the necessary visa cost when you visit the embassy or consulate;
- In the end, collect your passport from the embassy.
For carrying out the plan of relocation to Rio de Janeiro, you have to follow this visa procedure. If you still have any questions, you can rely on our immigration lawyers in Rio de Janeiro. Their updated assistance can help you avoid any delays in the visa processing.
Visa fee in Brazil
Please find below the different Brazilian visa fee structures:
- The Brazilian embassy charges $160 for a tourist visa;
- For a work visa, the embassy charges $270;
- The price for a student visa is $230.
Contact our lawyers if you need legal help to execute your plan of immigration to Rio de Janeiro. Furthermore, our Brazilian lawyers can help you obtain residency in this country.